Professional Dental Cleaning
At Dental Esthetics Boston, our registered dental hygienists are dedicated to providing courteous and knowledgeable professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis). Your cleaning appointment, along with a comprehensive dental exam, will include the following essential steps:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Tartar is hardened plaque that forms on the tooth surface, both above and below the gum line. Our skilled hygienists will use special dental instruments to safely and effectively remove tartar buildup.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky film consisting of bacteria, food debris, and saliva. If not removed, plaque can lead to gum inflammation and periodontal (gum) disease. Our hygienists will thoroughly remove plaque to help maintain your oral health.
- Teeth polishing: A gentle and professional teeth polishing will be performed to eliminate stains and residual plaque, leaving your teeth with a clean and refreshed feeling.
- Radiographs: Bitewing or periapical radiographs top assess the condition of the teeth, underlying bone and anatomical structures.
- Oral hygiene instructions: Tips for maintaining a healthy smile.
At Dental Esthetics Boston, our experienced dental hygienists specialize in professional dental cleanings and exams, and will recommend practicing good oral hygiene habits and scheduling regular dental visits to ensure optimal oral health following your dental cleaning.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or to schedule your next dental cleaning appointment. Your oral health is our priority.